Life CoachingOverview Consultations
- Life Coaching is a profession that is profoundly different from consulting, mentoring, advice, therapy, or counseling.
- Life Coaching is helping a person to move from where they are to where they need to get to.
- Life Coaching is unlocking a persons inner potential to maximise their own performance.
- Life Coaching is a dialogue between a coach and a coachee within a productive, results-oriented context.
- Life Coaching is helping individual’s access what they know. They may never have asked themselves the right questions, but they have the answers. A Life coach assists supports and encourages individuals to find these answers.
The coaching process addresses specific personal projects, business successes, general conditions and transitions in the client's personal life, relationships or profession by examining what is going on right now, discovering what your obstacles or challenges might be, and choosing a course of action to make your life be what you want it to be.
Any great coach can help you set goals – and probably should!
Goal-setting can be an important part of your improvement process.
We focus on making sure that the work of our clients will be sustainable and effective by having them incorporate their unique wisdom and guidance into the creation and planning process.
To help you get a sense of how this works it is useful to distinguish 4 main different conversations that are often collapsed together when people go to set business goals.
1) Goal Setting involves making a list of outcomes you want to accomplish in the future in a linear and focused way, resulting in measurable and specific outcomes. You outline the steps to reach your goal within a time frame and take action. This is a powerful tool that stresses “doing.” You know what you want to accomplish, such as introducing a new inspiring program, and you go do it.
2) Visualization is a technique for mentally creating what you want to happen, as if it were already so!
As an NLP practitioner, I encourage the practice of visualization, because I know that by placing yourself in the sensory and emotional experience of your goal, you are more capable of generating the emotions and mindsets that go with being there. This creates the vibrations that attract that event, thing, or goal that you want to manifest in reality.
4) Getting support : it can be through your friends, family, collegues or an online group /discussion support